here to Help
Although dental emergencies are not the way we like to meet our patients, we want you to know we are here to help. Our plan is simple, we will get you in, get you comfortable, and make a plan for your treatment needs so we can get you smiling again. Having a dental emergency after office hours, no problem. Our after hours messaging service can you in touch with a dentist who can help answer questions until you are able to be seen.
Some common dental emergencies include:
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth with warm water and use dental floss or a waterpick to remove any food particles stuck between teeth. Take IB profen or tylenol as needed for pain.
- Chipped or Broken Tooth: Save any broken tooth fragments and rinse your mouth with warm water. Use a cold compress on the outside of the mouth to reduce swelling.
- Knocked-Out Tooth: Hold the tooth by the crown (avoid touching the root), rinse it if dirty (without scrubbing). Keep it moist in milk or saliva and seek immediate dental attention.
- Lost Filling or Crown: Save the filling or crown if possible. Apply clove oil or orajel to the affected area to alleviate pain and visit the dentist promptly.
- Abscess: This is a serious infection and requires immediate attention. Rinse your mouth with mild saltwater and seek dental care immediately.