- Anesthetic Free Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Same Day Crowns
- Comprehensive Cleanings/Exams
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Mercury Free Fillings
- Pain Free Laser Dentistry
- Removable & Fixed Bridgework
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Root Canal Therapy
- Dental Fluoride & Dental Sealants
- Implant Restoration
- Preventative & Periodontal Care
- Removable Prosthodontics
- Patient Resources
- New Patient Forms
- Rate our Office
Your smile says a lot about you to others. What are your teeth saying about you? If they’re yellow and dingy, your teeth might be giving people the wrong impression.
If you’re like most Americans, you’ve probably considered having your teeth whitened. Patients who’ve never experienced this procedure before are bound to have questions.
Here’s what you need to know about dental teeth whitening.
- There are many reasons for teeth yellowing, and you can have less-than-white teeth even if you brush and floss regularly. Tobacco smoke is notorious for staining teeth, but healthier choices such as red wine, coffee, and tea can stain teeth too. Regular aging can also cause teeth to yellow.
- The American Dental Association recommends visiting a licensed dentist before whitening your teeth. Your dentist is the best source of information on your oral health.
- According to Statista, more than 39 million Americans used teeth whiteners in 2017.
- A 2007 study showed that people with whiter teeth were seen by others as successful, confident, and outgoing.
- Our at-home kit uses a 6 percent hydrogen peroxide solution which is safe, and FDA approved.
- The brilliant white smile you get from teeth whitening can last up to two years.
- After using a whitening product, some tooth sensitivity is normal.
Dental teeth whitening is safe and effective. If you have any questions about teeth whitening in Illinois, Dentists of Hinsdale Lake is here to help.